Usually you find cooked ham in such kind of Italian-style dish, but that day i had only mortadella, and that was really good not only because i love to cook always something new, but it was also delicious.
Ingredients for one person:
- tagliatelle di semola - the quantity you usually eat - boiled
- mortadella - 2 slices medium size - sliced like tagliatelle
- fresh peas - one handful - boiled
- carrot - 2 inches - cut into matchstick/julienne
- button mushrooms - 4 to 6 - cut in half
- flat-leaf parsley - a sprig or two
- onion - 1 small
- bouillon or stock cube - 1/4 of a cube
- water - five spoons
- corn flour - 1/2 tea spoon
- white wine - half glass
- butter - a serving size - or extra virgin olive oil - or both
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan, add the minced onion and cook over low heat until they get transparent.
- Add peas, carrots, mushrooms, and the cube. Stir few times and add the wine. Cook for a couple of minutes till the wine evaporates.
- Melt the corn flour in the water and add it to the pan. Stir until it gets creamy adding more water if necessary and the minced parsley.
- Add dripping hot tagliatelle to the sauce and mix in the sliced mortadella.