- boneless skinless chicken pieces (thighs for me)
- beaten egg [optional]
- bread crumbs [home made]
- Parmigiano Reggiano
- parsley or basil or both
- salt and pepper
- extra virgin olive oil or butter
- Preheat oven to 170/180°C [350 F].
- In a food processor mix the bread crumbs with grated Parmigiano, garlic, basil and/or flat leaves parsley.
- Beat the egg in a bowl with salt and pepper and dip the chicken into it.
- With a fork take each piece of chicken and roll it into the seasoned bread crumbs, pressing it lightly.
- Place the breaded chicken in a shallow baking tray over a parchment paper in a single layer. Drizzle olive oil or place little pieces of butter on top and bake for at least 40 minutes or more, it depends how thick the pieces are.
Don't you like any egg? Dip the chicken into melted butter or oil before breading them.