This is my favorite pasta and beans with thick consistency, broken spaghetti and the flavor of extra virgin olive oil.
- Spaghetti - broken into 6 pieces
- Lentils [same quantity as spaghetti]
- Extra virgin olive oil of the best quality
- Bay leaf
- Freshly ground pepper and Salt
- Wash and boil the lentils in plenty of water with a bay leaf until almost ready.
- In a large pan warm the oil and sautè the garlic until golden but not burned. Here you can also add a couple of spoons of tomato purée, but that's optional.
- Add the lentils with enough of their broth to cook the pasta and when they start boiling add the broken spaghetti. Follow the cooking time on the packet. It is difficult to tell the exact quantity but the pasta has to absorb all liquid so you can eat with a fork. However, to make it simple you can also cook spaghetti separately and add it to the lentils at the end.
- Put off the fire and let the pasta and lentils rest for about five minutes.
- Serve with freshly ground pepper on top and a splash of extra virgin olive oil.