Fake pizza? You may say like that, but i was hungry and i wanted something hot, you can blame it on the rain, and it was fast to make, hot and fresh with green chili, and really really good.
- 4 slices of loaf bread [remove the crust from four sides with a sharp knife]
- 4 slices of mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 4 spoons of Italian canned tomato polpa [or fresh tomato in small cubes with no seeds and no peel]
- 4 basil leaves [roughly sliced]
- 8 capers or 4 olives or both
- 1 green chili cut in 8 small pieces
- garlic [minced]
- 2 spoons of Parmigiano
- 2 spoons of extra virgin olive oil
Combine tomato, basil, oregano and oil.
Place the cheese on the bread and the tomato on top of the cheese.
Evenly distribute capers/olives and green chili.
Top with grated Parmigiano and put under grill till the cheese is melted.
However my favorite way to make fast pizza is not with loaf bread but with pav / pao , the Indian small (25 grams each) and soft roll.
Cut in the middle and grill only the bottoms/upper part under the broiler.
Spread extra virgin olive oil on the inside soft side, then add thin slices of fresh tomato , hot green chili, capers/olives, oregano, and cheddar or mozzarella on top. Grill under the broiler until the cheese is melted.