I love these delicate green beans, deliciously bitter and nutty, tender and fibrous at the same time.
They have no similarity of any kind with French beans, except that they are also beans, but the taste and the texture are absolutely different. Indians usually make a curry with these beans, so, i tried a couple of Indian recipes too, when Liz was cooking for me, but i didn't like it.
My way of cooking them is definitely perfect for me, just "la morte sua". You will not find this recipe anywhere else.You need extra virgin olive oil to stir fry the beans together with potatoes and no other oil is going to give what i call "the right taste".
- Gawar beans [cluster beans]
- Salt and Pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the beans in about one or two inch size.
- Peel and cut about the same volume of potatoes into thin strips.
- Marry them into the wok with quite a bit of extra virgin olive oil and stir fry.
- When they are half ready sprinkle salt and freshly ground pepper and go on stirring until most of the potatoes become golden at least from one side.